SEPTEMBER IS WORLD ALZHEIMER’S MONTH
SEPTEMBER 21 IS WORLD ALZHEIMER’S DAY
This training has been developed by Gabi Williams Alzheimer’s Foundation (GWAF) in collaboration with Highest Potential Therapy, United States.
- Provides important information about the safety needs of clients/patients with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias
- Discuss fall prevention and the use of assistive devices to promote safety,preventing elopement and alternatives to restraints
- Discuss household safety in the home e.g. kitchen and bathroom
- Gives tips on fire safety
- Discuss trip hazards inside and outside the home.
- Recognize a variety of ways you can adapt the environment to keep clients/patients with Alzheimer's disease safe
- List at least two ways each that you can prevent falls, and keep clients/patients safe in bathrooms and kitchens
- Discuss consequences and alternatives to using restraints in people with Alzheimer's disease
- Carry out at least three changes to keep clients/patients safe from fire hazard and accidental poisonings
- List at least three ways to prevent clients/patients with AD from unsafe wandering.
venue: Lagos Resource Centre, Nos.9 Anifowoshe Street, Off Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Time: 10.00 Am
You are cordially invited to the
2018 GABI WILLIAMS ALZHEIMERS FOUNDATION (GWAF) ANNUAL LECTURE
Date: Wednesday, 12 September 2018
Time: 1 p.m.
Venue: Metropolitan Club, 15 Kofo Abayomi street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Theme :Challenges faced by Nigerian families dealing with Dementia: What can be done?
Guest speaker: Professor Sola Ogunniyi B. Sc., MB,Ch.B, FMCP, FWACP, FRCP. Enquiries: 0701453203
NTA News Coverage of the Gabi Williams Alzheimer’s Foundation / Alzheimer's Community Art Exhibition and Musical Concert which took place on Wednesday, 20 June 2018, at Hotel Moorhouse – Mgallery by Sofitel Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.
NTA Morning Ride Coverage of the Gabi Williams Alzheimer’s Foundation / Alzheimer's Community Art Exhibition and Musical Concert which took place on Wednesday, 20 June 2018, at Hotel Moorhouse – Mgallery by Sofitel Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.
Guardian Newspaper report published on Thursday, September 14, 2017. GWAF inaugural lecture plus panel discussions held at the Metropolitan Club, Victoria Island, on Monday, 11 September 2017, at the 80th birthday celebration of Dr. Gabi Williams.Read More
Coverage of the inauguration of Gabi Williams Alzheimer’s Foundation, which took place on Monday, 11 September 2017, at the Metropolitan Club, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.